KINDLE SCOUT WINNER
BUY MY BOOKS ON AMAZON!
BUY MY BOOKS ON KOBO
BUY MY BOOKS ON SMASHWORDS!
BUY MY BOOKS ON GOOGLE PLAY!
PLEASE – Sign Up For My Mailing List
Top Posts & Pages
- Day 6 at NaNoWriMo - Making a To-Do List
- How many ways can you say "he said"???
- The Talking Stick - Tips on Storytelling to Children
- Is Amazon Skynet?
- Day 15 at Camp NaNoWriMo - Writing Makes You Grin
- Cabbage Night, Colcannon and Creativity
- Wanna swap book reviews?
- Writing Blindly - When You Don't Know Where A Story Is Going
- RT @jkaccinni: **3FREE**award winning @jkaccinni Horrifying dystopian series =wildlife lovrs dream #aliens #nature #thriller https://t.co/r… 1 hour ago
- RT @DianneDHarman: #AmazonDeal Like antiques, dogs, food trucks A little ESP & a #murdermystery? Download now on #KindleUnlimited https://… 1 hour ago
- RT @sylviaselfman: To die for! "Hard to put down!" "very good reads!" COZY MYSTERY 7 BOOK SET #cats & #dogs #amreading #fridayreads https… 1 hour ago
- Okay, so I like #cats AND #cupcakes...That's two out of three! twitter.com/sylviaselfman/… 1 hour ago
- RT @romconinc: Five years ago she offered him her heart. He's coming to collect. #preorder @Amazon getbook.at/StrippingDefen… @iBooks https://… 1 hour ago
- 79,964 hits
Daily Archives: February 21, 2016
There’s a great Fantasy and Science Fiction Super Sale underway from now to the 21st! 100+ books for teens and adults, all free or $0.99 – including my own collection, SEA TALES!
Share this around and spread the word and check out all the books on sale at http://www.andreapearsonbooks.blogspot.com
THIS GUY SAYS IT BEST!
All right – so there is ELEVEN DAYS LEFT in my Kindle Scout campaign.
What more can I tell you folks?
Now THAT is a question that an author has to face time and time again.
Some folks call it a dry spell. Others call it writer’s block.
Sooner or later every writer on the planet hits that wall where they ask that question – “What more can I tell you?”
Well – let me tell you that as of today KELPIE DREAMS has been on the HOT & TRENDING list for 304 hours and it has been viewed 1,136 times. That is an awful lot of people who have taken a look and even nominated my book.
It kind of brings up a lump in my throat.
I am so intensely grateful right now.
There is is.
All of those big shiny orange bars lined up like so many birthday candles on a cake.
Unfortunately, the folks at Kindle Scout don’t show me how many folks have ACTUALLY nominated Kelpie Dreams – all that they show are the views – which is how many people clicked over and LOOKED at my book. Somehow there vast mechanical system throws all of those figures together – the views plus the nominations plus how many people bothered to read the whole excerpt – and they come up with Hot & Trending.
I have noticed one thing.
On days when I get a LOT of views I get a LOT of hours on the Hot & Trending list.
So views DO count.
I feel a little like one of those horse track experts looking at the direction of the wind and the condition of the race track and the shape of the horse’s butt and how many pimples the jockey is sporting on that particular morning and weighing all of these vague and intangible considerations before placing a bet.
I feel like a math student, heading for Las Vegas, sure in my heart of hearts that I have worked out the perfect system and am going to come home with a trunk load of money.
The funny thing is that I have felt this way my entire life.
Sometimes that is all the faith that a fellow really needs.
In the meantime, if you want to know a little bit more about how to set up a winning Kindle Scout campaign, why don’t you take a look at what indie author The Behrg has to say about it.
You ought to pay attention to that fellow. A while back he actually ran a successful campaign for his dark suspense novel, HOUSEBROKEN, and he has obviously been pleased enough with the Kindle Scout system to take another shot at launching his second Kindle Scout campaign.
I wish him good luck and meanwhile I am going to keep on trucking.
yours in storytelling,