No – I am NOT going to turn this into a dietary blog – but I am trying to get my ducks in a row for this coming new year.
I’m looking at…
1) Huge breakfast. Big lunch. Tiny dinner. (This is extremely important.)
2) No snacking between meals.
3) Diet should be 40% carbs, 40% healthy fats, 20% protein. Most North Americans eat something like 60%-70% carbs, which is a big root of the obesity problem.
4) Absolutely no unhealthy fats, especially trans fats. (Pretty much all plant-based fats fall into this category, except unheated olive oil, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and avocado oil.)
5) Carbohydrates without fiber spike insulin, which is what causes rapid weight gain. So try to eat carbs that come *with* fiber. Fruit is okay; fruit juice is not. Vegetables are great. Whole grains or starchy vegetables (potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots) are okay, but better not to eat them if you’re actively trying to lose weight. White grains (like pasta) will do exactly the same thing to your insulin as a candy bar.
yours in storytelling,