I have often worked in jobs where I would find myself speaking with folks who had trouble with their English. Retail, phone work, tourism – sooner or later somebody comes up to you and does that shrug thing with that embarrassed grin and says something “English, not so good.”
A grin can be a wonderful bridge.
The fact is none of us really know what we are talking about. We were all born to fake it and we should never put on airs just because somebody happens to speak a little differently than we do. Life is one big long old learning curve and the moment you refuse to adapt and evolve is the moment you begin to die.
We are all part of the same story.
Keep on grinning.
KINDLE SCOUT WINNER
BUY MY BOOKS ON AMAZON!
BUY MY BOOKS ON KOBO
BUY MY BOOKS ON SMASHWORDS!
BUY MY BOOKS ON GOOGLE PLAY!
PLEASE – Sign Up For My Mailing List
Top Posts & Pages
- Day 6 at NaNoWriMo - Making a To-Do List
- How many ways can you say "he said"???
- The Talking Stick - Tips on Storytelling to Children
- NOTES FROM A TWO-TIME KINDLE SCOUT WINNER
- How To Promote a Kindle Release
- Kobo join the print-on-demand game — but should you play?
- "I SWEAR I LEFT HER BY THE RIVER"-8 SONGS ABOUT MURDER AND WATER
- WORLD POETRY DAY
- Speculative Fiction Showcase: Interview with John Triptych, author of The Piranh... indiespecfic.blogspot.com/2017/03/interv… #scifi 20 minutes ago
- RT @dawnchats: Join the #RogueOneDigital Twitter party on 3/26 at 7pm ET! PRIZES 🎁 #TeamRebel or #TeamEmpire Which one? AD RSVP 👉 https://t… 21 minutes ago
- RT @NicoleZoltack: Can the Magic be Awakened? New #UF and #PNR boxed set! goo.gl/fb/hOIGys 22 minutes ago
- RT @ddocentral: The horror story collection 'Doorways to the Unseen: 6 Tales of Terror and Suspense' is available on Amazon https://t.co/TN… 23 minutes ago
- The latest The Writing Daily! paper.li/StephenVernon/… Thanks to @heffkbce @GlenEllynPL #savethenea #books 9 hours ago
- 76,280 hits