I have often worked in jobs where I would find myself speaking with folks who had trouble with their English. Retail, phone work, tourism – sooner or later somebody comes up to you and does that shrug thing with that embarrassed grin and says something “English, not so good.”
A grin can be a wonderful bridge.
The fact is none of us really know what we are talking about. We were all born to fake it and we should never put on airs just because somebody happens to speak a little differently than we do. Life is one big long old learning curve and the moment you refuse to adapt and evolve is the moment you begin to die.
We are all part of the same story.
Keep on grinning.
KINDLE SCOUT WINNER
BUY MY BOOKS ON AMAZON!
BUY MY BOOKS ON KOBO
BUY MY BOOKS ON SMASHWORDS!
BUY MY BOOKS ON GOOGLE PLAY!
PLEASE – Sign Up For My Mailing List
Top Posts & Pages
- Day 6 at NaNoWriMo - Making a To-Do List
- How many ways can you say "he said"???
- THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT - DAY 1
- Lip Sync Battle Trumps Itself
- Is Amazon Skynet?
- Writing is a Journey - the fine art of kicking butt
- Achieving Pulp Speed...
- GETTING ACCEPTED BY KINDLE SCOUT
- DOES KINDLE SCOUT SUCK???
- 8 Writing Tips from Jeff VanderMeer
- RT @ArmandHelps: #BuyABook this weekend from @cebuda @NJMetal @timmmeyer11 @BeardedOptician @DavidBusboom @AmongTheZombies @theWRITEengle @… 2 hours ago
- RT @shrewsreh: amazon.com/Throne-Bastard… THRONE OF THE BASTARDS! Recently long listed for a David Gemmell award, my collab with @BrianKeene… 2 hours ago
- How the Latest Facebook Changes Affect Authors ingramspark.com/blog/how-the-l… 2 hours ago
- The latest The Writing Daily! paper.li/StephenVernon/… Thanks to @authorlmnelson #writerslife #authors 2 hours ago
- RT @Charrlygirl: An excellent novella on sale for only .99! twitter.com/JeremyHepler/s… 8 hours ago
- 85,332 hits