I have often worked in jobs where I would find myself speaking with folks who had trouble with their English. Retail, phone work, tourism – sooner or later somebody comes up to you and does that shrug thing with that embarrassed grin and says something “English, not so good.”
A grin can be a wonderful bridge.
The fact is none of us really know what we are talking about. We were all born to fake it and we should never put on airs just because somebody happens to speak a little differently than we do. Life is one big long old learning curve and the moment you refuse to adapt and evolve is the moment you begin to die.
We are all part of the same story.
Keep on grinning.
KINDLE SCOUT WINNER
BUY MY BOOKS ON AMAZON!
BUY MY BOOKS ON KOBO
BUY MY BOOKS ON SMASHWORDS!
BUY MY BOOKS ON GOOGLE PLAY!
PLEASE – Sign Up For My Mailing List
Top Posts & Pages
- Day 6 at NaNoWriMo - Making a To-Do List
- Is Amazon Skynet?
- Writing Blindly - When You Don't Know Where A Story Is Going
- Lip Sync Battle Trumps Itself
- THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT - DAY 10
- Kobo Plus Launched in Netherlands
- The Ghost Story Gala of Annapolis Royal
- B.B. Griffith's Secrets to a Successful Kindle Scout Campaign
- New Thriller from D.F. Bailey! SECOND LIFE, 4th Novel in the Finch Series. 60% Off. 99¢ Sale Ends July 27. Buy Now! thndr.me/kQuMab 29 minutes ago
- How to Care For and Maintain Your Lawn Mower | The Art of Manliness artofmanliness.com/2017/07/19/car… 5 hours ago
- Authors and Marketing Fatigue thebookdesigner.com/2017/07/author… via @jfbookman 5 hours ago
- Morning Coffee – 20 July 2017 the-digital-reader.com/2017/07/20/mor… via @inkbitspixels #indiepub #amwriting 6 hours ago
- RT @WithTheBanned: Omggg @2ndRunReviews is my #otspsecretsister !! Look at this Christmas in July package!! This book 😍😍 https://t.co/IcZiU… 14 hours ago
- 79,445 hits