I have often worked in jobs where I would find myself speaking with folks who had trouble with their English. Retail, phone work, tourism – sooner or later somebody comes up to you and does that shrug thing with that embarrassed grin and says something “English, not so good.”
A grin can be a wonderful bridge.
The fact is none of us really know what we are talking about. We were all born to fake it and we should never put on airs just because somebody happens to speak a little differently than we do. Life is one big long old learning curve and the moment you refuse to adapt and evolve is the moment you begin to die.
We are all part of the same story.
Keep on grinning.
PLEASE BUY ME A CUP OF COFFEE TODAY.
BUY MY BOOKS ON AMAZON!
BUY MY BOOKS ON KOBO
BUY MY BOOKS ON SMASHWORDS!
BUY MY BOOKS ON GOOGLE PLAY!
PLEASE – Sign Up For My Mailing List
Top Posts & Pages
- How many ways can you say "he said"???
- Day 6 at NaNoWriMo - Making a To-Do List
- My Bigfoot Novel
- The Talking Stick - Tips on Storytelling to Children
- Tarzan, Paddington and Dragonflies and Writing
- First Day of Camp NaNoWriMo - 2014
- Day 7 at Camp NaNoWriMo - You Must Not Try To Write a Novel!
- Want to Hear a Steve Vernon Short Story?
- How to make money with your short horror stories
- Captain America: Civil WTF???
- RT @WilliamLSeymour: How one man and his cellphone in Canada rescued a group of Africans stuck in China cnn.com/travel/article… 1 hour ago
- Honey Oats Cheerios - serve them with an EpiPen! | Robot Chicken | Adult Swim youtu.be/DXmTu0t3f3k via @YouTube 1 hour ago
- RT @HorrorRetweet: Horror authors! Post a link to your story. Saturday midnight we'll choose one to buy & review. We've got over 150,000 fo… 1 hour ago
- This horror-historical novel is the darkest, weirdest, nastiest work I've written. #horror #Kindle #99cents… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @wackyjackyful: Need a beautiful gift for your girlfriend? Would like something special for a best friend? Do you deserve a treat for… 3 hours ago
- 104,746 hits