THIS BOOK SUX. I WIPED MY DOG’S BUTT WITH THE LAST TWENTY PAGES. I BLEW MY NOSE WITH THE FIRST TWENTY. I LINED MY PARAKEET’S CAGE WITH ALL OF THE PAGES IN BETWEEN. AND I STILL WANT MY MONEY BACK! – ONE STAR ISN’T LOW ENOUGH OF A RATING FOR THIS BOOK. CAN YOU BISECT A STAR ABOUT SIXTY-EIGHT-THOUSAND TIMES AND CALL IT A RATING?
Did a bad review ruin your day?
Here’s ten tips for dealing with a bad review.
1. Just look at the sales figures. Or not.
2. Run giggling to the bank. Or not.
3. Write another book. Preferably a novel involving chainsaws, shotguns and high explosive. Maybe tie that reviewer to a fictional bridge and run a make-believe railroad train full of chainsaws, shotguns and high explosives over their shrieking body. Maybe even throw in a couple of rabid dogs. EVERYBODY loves rabid dogs, don’t they?
4. Pet your cat. Listen to her purr. Soak up the adoration. Better yet, feed your cat. NOW we’re talking purring…
5. Run around the block six or eight times. Physical fitness is great for burning off bad feelings. Maybe if you’re lucky you’ll trample that blind orphan who plays her ukelele at the street corner and gets her pet rhesus monkey to hold out a paper coffee cup in hopes of tips.
6. Go and watch your favourite movie. (Yes, I spell “favourite” with an “ou” – no matter what my spell-check tells me – I’m Canadian, I’m cultured, hell – I even drink my beer with one pinkie finger daintily extended…)
7. Take a long shower. Sing. Nobody has to listen.
8. Get drunk.
9. Diddle about on Facebook asking all of your friends to tell you what a wonderful writer you are.
10. Go and write another book.
Am I repeating myself on that last entry? No – dammit – you should have stopped reading at suggestion #3 and been halfway past Chapter 17 by now…
yours in storytelling,
KINDLE SCOUT WINNER
PLEASE – Sign Up For My Mailing List
Check Out And Follow My Amazon Author Page
My latest book now available on Kindle
Top Posts & Pages
- Day 6 at NaNoWriMo - Making a To-Do List
- How many ways can you say "he said"???
- Hey Noah - my birthday blog
- THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT - DAY 3
- Lip Sync Battle Trumps Itself
- THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT - DAY 5
- THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT - DAY 20
- THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT - DAY 6
- How to promote a Kindle Freebie cheaply...
- THIRTY DAYS OF KINDLE SCOUT - DAY 4
- My supernatural suspense book, The Wantland Files, is on Kindle Scout - please nominate! hdtk.co/bMRNU 4 hours ago
- The latest The Writing Daily! paper.li/StephenVernon/… Thanks to @lagowskishann @berghahnbooks @PletchaPJWebb 18 hours ago
- Please nominate Serendipity for an Amazon Publishing contract. Click on the URL read the excerpt & nominate! Thanks hdtk.co/QD6UZ 1 day ago
- The latest The Writing Daily! paper.li/StephenVernon/… Thanks to @kinjockity @MariaPaz1012 @jessica_norrie 1 day ago
- One last shout-out for the #Antigonish Windfall Fine Art & Handcraft Market Saturday & Sunday! #NovaScotia and… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 days ago
- 71,044 hits